When upgrading to MariaDB I found some queries were getting rejected due to field value not being NULL.
On mysql this was not a problem as I had intended if no data then I`m happy with the query.
However, simple queries are now failing. Yes, I know technically I should have values set but I don`t think I should be forced into this method.
I foudn you can remove configuration in `sql_mode` the STRICT_TRANS_MODE.
SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,`STRICT_TRANS_TABLES`,``));
showing the values gives this:
SELECT @@SQL_MODE, @@GLOBAL.SQL_MODE;
I am not sure this is saving after a MariaDb reboot, but with thanks to Virtualmin staff I updated this file:
sql_mode = ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO, NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
restarted MariaDB and it has saved the details after a restart.